What You Need to Know About Wedding Insurance
There is so much you need to know in the lead up to your big event, which is the best venue in your price range, whether the caterer is reliable or not, what colour bridesmaid dresses go best with the bridal gown…
It’s enough to send you wild down the aisle. At www.my-weddinginsurance.co.uk, we don’t like to hit you with useless stats but we also think that certain wedding facts can be both fun and informative. Our infographic below is here to deliver detailed data about claims and fatuous factoids about weddings.
Top 4 Claims
Based on the total value of approved claims*, here is what we found were the most expensive wedding insurance claims, both in the UK and abroad, in 2015.
– Wedding Cancellation or Rearrangement 53%
– Supplier Deposits 24%
– Wedding Attire 18%
– Other 5%
– Supplier Deposits 43%
– Third Party 31%
– Accidental Damage 15%
– Photographs & Video 11%
Nothing But the Facts
Some light-hearted statistics^ on UK weddings…
– In 2013 there was one marriage every 2.18 seconds in the UK
– The average age at marriage was 33.4 years old for men and 31.2 years old for women
– Are British couples superstitious of the number 13? In 2013, the number of total marriages dropped from 264,000 to 240,000
– Do you remember the first time? 67% of marriages were first-timers, while 18% were remarriages for both partners and 15% remarriages for one
– You’re never too old! 740 people aged over 80 married in 2013, that’s up from 651 in 2012
– 86% of civil marriages were held in hotels, historic buildings or stately homes, with only 14% at a register office
– Civil marriages accounted for 72% of all marriages, as opposed to religious ceremonies
* Source: E&L/www.my-weddinginsurance.co.uk, all wedding insurance claims from 1st January 2015 – 31st December 2015. Statistics percentage based on total value of claims. All statistics and research correct at time of publication.
^ Source: Office for National Statistics April 2016