I have already put down a deposit, but not yet taken out insurance. Will it be covered?
- Yes, but only up to £2,000. Any payment exceeding £2,000 paid towards or for your wedding venue or reception before the inception of cover will be excluded from cover.
Who can take out the wedding insurance policy?
- Wedding Insurance can be taken out by either partner or their parents or legal guardians.
When should we take out wedding insurance?
- It is recommended that you take out Wedding Insurance as soon as you make any bookings or pay any deposits for your wedding. Insurance can be taken out up to 2 years prior to the wedding or as little as 21 days before the big day. If the big day is less than 21 days away please contact our Quotations Department on 03300 241 592 and they will assist you further.
What is the policy excess should we need to claim?
- Cover excess is £49 on all claims.
What happens if the wedding is cancelled?
- Unfortunately some weddings do have to be cancelled and this could be for numerous reasons. If you have to cancel, the reason behind the cancellation will be assessed, so it is always worthwhile keeping any receipts and/or contracts in a safe place. Upon claiming, a claim form will need to be submitted to us and we will require certain documentation from you. This will vary dependent on the nature of the claim. Payment made will be dependent on the band of cover chosen. We aim to make the claims process as easy as possible for you.
My partner is in the armed forces. What would happen if they were posted overseas?
- As long as the posting overseas was unexpected and unavoidable, this would be covered under the wedding insurance policy.
We are having a winter ceremony. What would happen if we got snowed in and could not make it to our wedding venue?
- Cover would be provided if extreme weather prevents the wedding party* from reaching the wedding or reception venue or that damages the wedding or reception venue, preventing use.
- The wedding party includes the following people: the wedding couple, their parents or guardians, grandparents, children of either partner, siblings of either partner, immediate attendants of the couple.
What happens if the wedding or reception has to be cancelled or re-arranged because of illness, injury or death of someone involved in the wedding?
- We will pay for cancellation or re-arrangement costs when a member of the wedding party is affected, except when the condition suffered existed prior to the inception of the policy. Details of illnesses must be disclosed when taking out the policy. Please see the policy terms and conditions for more details on this section of cover.
What happens if one of us gets 'cold feet' prior to the ceremony?
- Unfortunately, this is not covered! However, we do provide cover for professional counselling as a result of the unavoidable and permanent cancellation of the wedding due to either the bride or bridegroom electing not to go ahead with the marriage.
What happens if the venue is unable to hold the wedding or reception?
- We will pay for any expenses you are not able to recover if you have to cancel the wedding or reception, or we will help with the cost of re-arrangement with another venue if the premises are unable to hold the wedding due to an outbreak of an infectious or contagious disease, damage to venue, closure by local authority and/or financial failure.
What happens if any of the suppliers go bankrupt?
- We will contact Companies House and/or the Liquidators involved and we will then pay for any expenses you are not able to recover and additional costs in arranging equivalent services following the bankruptcy or liquidation of any supplier booked to supply any wedding service.
What happens if my dress is lost, stolen or damaged before I get married?
- Should the dress be lost, stolen or damaged whilst in your possession, we will cover the reinstatement or replacement of the wedding attire or dress hire charges necessarily incurred.
What happens if any hired ceremony attire gets lost or damaged?
- Damage to wedding attire whether bought or hired is covered under the policy. In addition, hired attire is covered for up to 48 hours after the wedding commencement.
What happens if my wedding presents are damaged at the reception?
- We will pay for the loss or damage to the wedding presents within 7 days prior to, and 24 hours after, the wedding. The cake is also covered up to the commencement of the reception.
Does the cover for wedding presents include money and vouchers?
- No, unfortunately vouchers and money are not covered.
What happens if the wedding photographs do not develop?
- If more than 75% of the photographs or video/DVD are not provided due to the original film/negatives, memory card, video tape, DVD being lost or accidentally damaged before copies are made or the film developed, or faulty materials cause the non-development of the original film or negatives then your are covered for the expenses incurred in the necessary retaking of the official wedding photographs or video/DVD. This extends to the non-apprearance of the professional photographer or video/DVD operation booked for the wedding.
What would happen if we damaged the marquee?
- If the Optional Extension premium has been paid we pay up to £50,000 for any accidental loss or damage to the marquee caused by the wedding party.
Does the insurance cover my honeymoon?
- Unfortunately not, the honeymoon will be covered by your travel insurance.
- Protection for UK and Overseas weddings
- Cover for Supplier Deposits
- Cover for Public Liability
- Cover for Wedding Attire and Rings
- Cover for members of the armed forces
- Cancellation and Rearrangement cover
- Choice of Set Package or Bespoke policies
- Additional options available for Set Packages
- One off payment and Instant cover
- Wedding Insurance from just £16.45*
- Set Packages from just £24.51**
* For details click Get a Quote & select Create Your Own from the drop down menu
** Price quoted is for the Pearl Set Package
Save 35% on your premium.Get a Quote